Thursday, August 21, 2008

General Blog

Just a little catch-up blog.

MyFella is all upset over the goings-on in his family, including just finding out that his ex-brother-in-law from a very recent divorce to MyFella's sister left her name on some, uh, rather demanding documents financially. Sister apparently didn't read well, hired a cheap attorney, or was just rather stupid about some things coming out of the divorce, and got a call this week that the ex dropped over dead in his truck. . . leaving her rather screwed. Idiot didn't even use Credit Life on these fairly substantial matters. So he's dead and she's screwed. Word from dead guy's son in law is the family has gone completely mad, white trash, fussing and fighting, etc. and it's bound to spill over to Sister when they come looking for some of his crap he didn't take care of. And MyFella's all upset about it. We talked with my attorney friend last night who gave a little bit of advice, most of which involved 'Run to an attorney TOMORROW!'

I'm trying to last minute plan using a 2 night gift certificate in Pigeon Forge that expires next month. I think we'll end up having to take two days off during the week, because our weekends are just booked with festivals, ball games, visitors, etc. But I do hope we get on up there for a get away. I've had the certificate for near a year. Shame on me!

Red is coming this weekend, and I'm being included on emails regarding a Bunco game. Lawzy, but I do hope I'm just being included as an f.y.i. and not as an invitation. I've been to their Bunco games, and they just get mean.

The parents are coming to town next weekend. Mom's asked me to take them to lunch and then take her to shopping. Dad's got his own itinerary after lunch, and she's pleased to let him go do his own running around. We usually go to the same restaurant (it' right around the corner from Noodle's house). It's locally owned home cooking and it's usually good. For MyFella, I've put it out on the table. MyFella can take the weekend off and save gas if he chooses.

I had the nicest surprise night with Noodle (I really should take the time to learn how to link) and the Urchins. No great photo's. I called Noodle on the way home from work. Noodle invited me to dinner and she was making bbq chicken, fried squash (double yum!), pasta, toast with fresh sour dough bread (yum!) and left over green bean casserole (which has recently become a total fave of mine!). I asked about Skeeter and he was going to be late, which was going to keep her from going to a home schooler's meeting. To me, a home cooked supper is more than fair trade for keeping my own godchildren a couple of hours, so after supper I shoo'd her on out the door. Sass and I read a few books and then she played on the Wii fit. Spyder played outside. I declined the invitation to climb into his well hid hideaway, but only because I was wearing work pants. I've promised to accept the invitation when I am in jeans or shorts next. Skeeter showed up only about an hour later, and I headed home to do my walk.

Oh, yes, and I lied on a document last night. Joining a local gym, I really only wanted to walk for a few minutes with a friend of mine. Stupid enough to answer a survey truthfully, they wanted me to get a doctor to sign some document. So I marked through my answers, changed them, initialed them, and went for my walk. They have an olympic sized swimming pool (not quite the Chinese birdnest, but still quite nice) so I think if I go back at all, it may be to get wet. I love to play in the water. But the gym is more than a bit out of my way. So while I don't feel guilty for lieing, I also doubt I'll return any time soon.

Weather's been cooler and I like it. Still have tiny bugs in my apartment. I've got some tacky fly strips up. MyFella says there's something called Dairy Barn Spray at Tractor Supply that will wipe them out, but that's a fair drive to the nearest TSC. I may try to get out there this weekend.

Just finished my morning Diet Coke. OMG, they're so good cold out of the can. **Walt, I envy you the ability to go cold turkey and stay off them. Truth is, when I try to go to zero, I end up craving them super bad and go back on them in like a month's time. But I found if I limit myself to two a day, it's easy to do, especially during the week. It's a little harder on weekends because I am more likely to be in a restaurant and order a Diet Coke and get a refill. But since weekdays often pass with just one, I feel like it evens out.

Oh well, back to work.

No comments: