Sunday, August 17, 2008

Three Musketeers


It turned into a weekend I'm calling a Three Musketeer weekend. Just us guys. Went where we wanted, did what we wanted. Well, sometimes Jamie said, "I'm not going" but he went anyway. I think Jamie sometimes likes to put his foot down on principle, just to show he can.

Friday night, I had talked with a few different sets of people about joining us, and 1 family made other plans, and another texted us that she wouldn't get there in time so she'd see us on Saturday. For some reason, that just set me off and I told MyFella I had no intention of doing anything with her. I guess probably because I knew, in my heart, she's always someone who cancels and never calls back anyway. On Thursday night, a friend called and said she wanted to see us, but she could only see us on Saturday because "I go to estate sales every Sunday." Well, I've heard that before, and good for you, but two times in a row to tell me you "go to estate sales every Sunday" is just one too many. I'm not sure why that hit my raw nerve. After all, she called and wanted to see us on Saturday. And in the past, I've locked out Monday nights for Margaritas for over two solid years, and currently I have standing supper & tv on Tuesdays with J&K (but grant me this one, if someone wants to feed you every single week, would YOU gripe about which night? besides, for half the year it's A.I. night). But anyway, I had no intention of giving up time for her either. Though I don't really understand why I was annoyed at her so.

But looking back, we ended up with a very nice, very rare 3 Musketeer weekend. Church and lunch today at my favorie pizza place. It's good (the thin crust, so if you like it N.Y. style you won't care for it) and inexpensive and they're generous with the toppings (hormel brand meats, the sign says). They got real busy real fast today, just after we arrived, so the waitress went from being fun and funky to being just lousy.

Just a good weekend all around. No relatives, no schedules or time tables. It was cool.

On other fronts, related and not:
I have a renewed interest in the Wizard of Oz and just checked the book out from the library (it's a shame that I'm an adult and had trouble finding the book!). I'm also confused about the apparent lack of Dorothy in Wicked. I'll have to review that, or ask somebody if she shows up later somehow.

These damned flying insects in the apartment are bothering me. MyFella insists they are in his home too and more to do with the season than my plants.

Netflix has been a bother, but they swear they are sending things out now.

Secret postcards today made me cry, the story about the wedding proposal. Brought a tear to my eye.

Red is coming this weekend and bringing her dog. She thinks my apartment is pet friendly. I would rather it not be, but there you go. In the end, he doesn't bother me too much. In a few weeks, for C-Y Festival, both she and Chaz are trying to come home. I already called Chaz to see how he'll be if I skip out part of the day. MyFella wants to go to the university to see his favorite niece march in her last football game. MyFella and I have come up with a plan to compromise the weekend so we both get part of what we want, but I thought Chaz would have every right to be annoyed if he made it all the way from Vegas and I leave town. He said it was fine with him, that I'm in a relationship now and have to make compromises. Besides, plenty of people are willing to fill up his time.

Good Sunday to you! Oh, and here's a pic of the 3 musketeers. It was taken by the waitress and the light is way-tha-f off. Ugh.

No comments: