Thursday, August 28, 2008

MI-5 & Netflix

Completely ignoring Noodle's advice to not get invested in any of the Mi-5 characters, I have been horribly upset over the loss of Tom Quinn. Even more so, I'm upset at the way he went down, and Harry's utter failure to believe in him when Harry seems to be a loser himself. On top of that, whoever played them, included Tom's most recent love interest, a lovely blonde CIA agent from the U.S. Her heart is broken, her career ruined, Tom's reputation destroyed and he is dead, and Harry will undoubtedly come out of this unscathed. The prior two episodes did a good job of cajoling me into a strong dislike of Harry and Tessa. Yes, yes, I still liked Tessa even though she was apparently a big ol' liar scheming away tons of money with false agents. But I liked her until the Colombian girl died. I was already bothered over Harry's cover up of his briefcase loss while continuing to act sanctimonious. But the loss of Tom like this is just upsetting to me.

I am still annoyed at Netflix. After suffering with all their other customers through the loss of a week's worth of shipments, I call them to figure out what's up with my MI-5 dvd. It sat at the 'shipping today' spot for days, then jumped back down to first spot in the que. The boy on the line told me that dvd was very popular and the shipping trouble had kept the system from really knowing how many were available. As an apology, he popped out another dvd of mine, supposedly. But not really. So I had dvd's out of a series coming in a completely wrong order while that first one continued to sit there. The bam dastards. So now I know how Tom Quinn dies at the end of the season, but there's still two episodes from earlier in the season at the house to watch. Ugh!

In a vain attempt at hope for Tom Quinn (who, and I swear this to you, I dreamed about night before last), I went ahead and added season 3 and popped dvd 1 to the top. Then snuck a peek at the box top. No Tom Quinn. But that damned Harry is right there on the cover. Oh why could he not have died?

No comments: