Thursday, August 28, 2008

Relationships & Quick Reactions

I have GOT to learn how to hold my breath when MyFella is talking about his family. Which is mainly due to my not understanding that when he is talking to me about them, he's not actually wanting my input. And I tend to give my input loudly. I knew when he said, 'I am hanging up now' that it was best to let him do so, because I had crossed the little line. Worse, what I said wasn't clearly phrased to match what I meant. So it was just a big ol' jumble of a hot mess.

It's better now, and I'm going to keep trying to work on it. You know, I've never dated one person continuously for this length of time. There was the guy I dated off and on for 4 calendar years, but we only dated in increments averaging 4 months. We were never particularly close - although for all the emotion and drama and baggage at the time, you would have thought. . . . .I don't know what you would have thought. I could have starred alongside Sally Fields in some Lifetime movie for all the carryin' on we did. But this is different - two guys, one relationship, consistent and continuous. Now that takes some getting used to! Sigh.

No comments: