Sunday, August 10, 2008

of the day:

Weirdest dream: That I was attending a reunion of neighbors from my childhood neighborhood. We were in an indoor pool atrium, and I was instructing everyone where to stand (on steps leading down to the pool area) for the group photo. I remember thinking that, by standing on the steps, I wouldn't have to worry about who was taller, shorter, etc.

Worst comment about someone I don't know: She said, "I just want to die." About a lady in a nursing home where a friend had finished a shift as a nurse.

Worst comments about someone I do know: "She's kind of mean. Has a 'thick tongue.' Sometimes I try to sneak in and check on her without her seeing me." She was a wonderful, fun, light hearted lady. Quick to bake, and known to be just a wee bit nosy, but she was not discriminatory in that way. She'd call any house that had a car in the driveway she did not know.

Thing I should have done: Just stopped by my brother's on the way out of town to say bye. (They read the blog. I did not delete history after using their laptop one night. So I won't comment further).

Funniest Texts:
Inbound: Photo - looks like a bumper car
Outbound: Who is that?
Inbound: re re
Outbound: Where
Inbound: Pizza place yaw want us to bring marissa home after
Outbound: I don't know anyone with that name Are you sure you're texting the right number
Pause, about ten minutes
Inbound: My bad

Sweetest thing: MyFella stayed later than he wanted to go with me, at his insistence, to the laundrymat and got all my stuff done.

Best meal: Mom's crockpot pot roast. Her pot roast is almost always spot-on. This one was real good. Falls apart with a fork. Meaty flavor. Potatoes get brown. She made sweet tea. Usually she asks me now and I go for unsweet and just use the blue stuff, because, you know, "border line diabetic" and all that crap. But I got to admit, sometimes (often) the best thing in the world, especially with a real homemade meal, is Mom's sweet tea.

Most annoying: Tiny little gnats jumped from over ripe bananas to house plants. The damnable things won't die! My Raid "House & Garden" spray just slows them down. I don't know what to do!

No comments: