Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Comcast, a division of hell.

After months of begging them for service calls that would correct my intermittent internet activity. Every service call and service technician was nice enough and did their best, and each one left with me thinking it was finally resolved. Months now, I tell you.

Today I logged onto their website to set up a transfer of service to the new place. The system automatically throws you into a chat window. Not that I'm sure there's a real person chatting, the answers were written in a way that seemed very automated.

Anyway, the first chat window told me their system was down and closed off real fast. The second chat window told me they could not find my apartment and I was to go in person to an office - it's easily a 40 year old building, close to 20 units. I'd be hard pressed to believe no one there has cable. I typed the simple sentence "There are 20 units there, some with existing cable." That's when the automation/attendant typed it again and logged off.

I am just so tired of begging them for service. So I've decided that when I "go in person to their office" as they suggested, I am taking their modem and cable box with me. I am just not going to beg them for their service.

I am going to look into a wireless card for the laptop, I've called and begged Skeeter to record my fave shows, and I'll sign up for Netflix.

So I think I will definitely take the advice of their automated chat room guy, and just go in person to my local Comcast office.