Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just a catch up post.

Sleep came much better last night. I'm wondering if the chai tea I thought was so soothing might have been a little bit caffeinated. Or perhaps I just couldn't get my mind to slow down, since I was all balled up over the whole apartment thing.

I went and looked at one today, and drove past two others about which I had called, and will probably set up appts tomorow to see them. There is one around the corner from me, to which I have placed a call and am hopeful for a return tomorrow, that, if I like it, would be just schnazzy for a move-in. It's not two blocks away. Almost a shame to rent the U-Haul.

I haven't told the landlord yet. He's sort of (emphasis on sort of, not actually) a pal, and I hate to leave. Since 1999. Maybe it's just time to go. Anyway, his part time maintenance guy is upstairs tonight redoing a floor, and he works full time for one of the management companies I called today. Once I do a sight inspection, and know if I am really interested, I'll ask him about them. But at that point, I have to tell the landlord, 'cause he'll know then anyway. As for tonight, I just flirted with him. He's quite the cutie. More so when he shaves that beard though.

My Fella is coming into town this weekend (I just needed a break from all his kith and kin!) and we will celebrate his birthday. I've saved back a bit and am going to treat him to a locally owned steakhouse. It's going to be a splurge. I about half wish I hadn't offered, once I looked at their menu on line. but we will love every bite of it.

Weather has a cool snap. Feels like Fall might actually come now. I noticed a few days ago the light seemed to be changing. Those two are the hints that my birthday is coming. Just another week and then. . . . .

No comments: