Tuesday, December 25, 2007

ACLU

Mamaw has a hearing aid. Not that she was wearing it tonight, but she showed it to me. She had been wearing it, until she got a call from Germany and it started making noises or something. So she walked around with it in it's little case showing it to people.

So I'm taking Mamaw home and trying to point out Christmas lights on the way, and she can't hear me. So in response to "Pretty lights" she tells me that

"the LCU or something like that"

"The ACLU?"

"Yes, the ACLU is ruining the country. They want to close down the Boy Scouts."

Hell, Mamaw could be right, what do I know? I'd guess the story has more to do with the ACLU inquiring about the Boy Scouts being funded by taxes or something, but I don't really know. . . . and it's not like Mamaw is going to hear my response anyway. . .

She did hear me say "Why?" and replied, "Because they won't let the weirdos in."
Well that pretty much sums it up. No way to argue with that statement.

No comments: