Wednesday, December 26, 2007

General Blog

My Fella and I (meaning - me) decided we will do our gift exchange on NYE. I knew this past weekend would be full up with his family (and it was) and I really wanted/want our exchange to be "ours." Call me a sentimental ol' fool. So our plan is to exchange on NYE (so it's still in 2007) then go out to a party to which we were invited, before sleeping in and making ourselves a holiday meal on January 1. I don't really care what the meal is, so long as we go through the steps to make it. We've been invited to a Dead Pool Party at 4pm on January 1, which gives us plenty of time to "be us" before we go. He kind of hates all my invitations, but I keep telling him it's no different than me having to spend all my weekends at his house with his family. He can suck it up.

My Fag Hag (she prefers Fag Hag to Fruit Fly, as she is a traditionalist) is in town, and one of our other best friends arrives this afternoon about 1:30. The Hag, also known as "Red" just got her hairuh-did at her other Fag's place, and will be swinging by the airport to pick up the rest of our gang for a fun filled afternoon of shopping that will culminate in a drink fest tonight at our favorite Mexican joint. Thank goodness I live now within walking distance.

BLACK MAN! (sung like Bernice Clifton/Alice Ghostley in Designing Women) is coming to my house. He asked "Can we all ride together?" and like Red said, "There ain't a waif one in our bunch." Both people on the plane, Red, Black Man and myself are all . . . uh, not petite. So it'll be a two car afternoon.

The Beautiful One, whom I mentioned in a post around Thanksgiving, is back in town and I got to see him at lunch on Christmas Eve. I was sansa phone at the time and couldn't sneak a pic of him. I am so hoping he comes with his uncle tonight for a margarita. But his uncle is probably going to spare him all the drama that comes along with us, for fear that any of the str8 females or gay males would inevitably say something flattering-yet-crass-and-rude. But man, (sigh and deep breath) he is gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to the afternoon with old friends. I'm glad I took the day off.

Happy Wednesday to you.

No comments: