Thursday, December 27, 2007

Macy's - Goldsmith's


I had absolutely the best customer service experience on the phone today with Macy's, and I'm going to tell you: A wonderful couple that call me their grandson gave me a gift card in September . . . oh, more than a few years ago. I sort of forgot it, tucked it away and just thought "Next time I go to Macy's . . . " but I just don't go there often. So yesterday when I went with friends, oh the surprise to learn that my card, which was valid for 2 years, had been expired for over a year. Yeah, that means I've had the card over 3 years.

Just me - nobody kept me from the store. Nobody told me not to read the line on the back. I did it all by myself. So this morning I called their toll free number and a very nice guy named Mark asked what he could and I told him that I had a card that had expired and I asked what could I do to unexpire it.

He asked me the numbers on the back of the card, which I read to him. He said the card would be good for 30 days "Do you think 30 days will be . . . " he asked and I said I intended to use it quickly. That was it. No telling me their policy, or practice or anything else. No admonishing me or asking me if I read the card. He just told me it worked. And then he told me the balance, which is exactly the amount my grandparents told me they had put on the card.

Yeah for Macy's.

No comments: