Sunday, December 23, 2007

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers


also known as "with tip, $60 for 2 burgers, 2 things of chicken strips and 4 drinks."

It was clean and the waitress was friendly, and I had the free will to walk out after one look at the menu, realizing it was horribly over priced. But I thought I'd give them a try and see just how gourmet-gourmet-is.

It isn't. The french fries "bottomless basket of steak fries" are standard issue Sysco fries. The burger was good, but really no better than some fast food joints. The chicken strips, affectionatelly called something rediculous like 'cluck and fries', looked and tasted like standard issue Sysco breaded chicken strips.

Really, two tea's, two cokes, 2 burgers and 2 chicken strips and we were well into 50 bucks and still needing to leave a tip. I should have left, but I wanted to try it. My bad.

1 comment:

Walt said...

Funny. We just went last night for the first time in a thousand years. Had the world's worst waitress who neglected to put our order in for the first 45 minutes. Took forever to get a refill on my drink and my burger was undercooked (but delicious.) I really like the place, but it's dangerous to my diet.