Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday

My parents tell me that my brother and his wife are riding up this afternoon (probably to Noodle's town) to do some holiday shopping. Brother worked all night last night, first at his likker store job then his half-police/half-security job in the projects at home. He works for the projects housing authority, whoever they may be, pulling four hour shifts in the dark of night to help keep vagrancy down. So the plan is my parents already have their grandsons and granddogs, brother will sleep late and then they will drive up. I'll probably drive down and spend a little time with them. I hope not too long, I intend to attend a church meeting tonight at 6:30. But it will be nice to see them.

Our hope for a Wii is hopeless. I call stores every morning, Noodle calls stores every afternoon, Birthday Girl (for the day) has called stores over in Hot Springs. It's just not going to happen. Which has had me thinking for a while about Noodle's way of handling Santa (she coincidentally has a related post - but I haven't figured out how to do links yet). You see, nephew still "believes" so he believes Santa can bring him a Wii. The reality is Uncle Mike has asked friends all over the country to look for a Wii. OK, all over the country may be a stretch, but all over Hot Springs, Little Rock, Memphis, and Biloxi and a few other random towns. There is not a Wii to be found.

Well, I will continue to call, but I have advised nephew's parental units (my brother and his wife) that this probably isn't happening.

Oh well, it will be nice to see them, even if I only visit them while shopping for a little while.

No comments: