Sunday, December 23, 2007

Blue Cheese Biscuits


He is an ex, and one, to loosely quote some old country song "I thought was the world, when the world was small." Truly I still believe, the core of him is a good person. It's just unfortunately covered up with a lot of depression and a lot of pharmaceutical drugs trying to help him with his depression. I can recall two really good memories, and about four months worth of me playing "Tammy Wynette standing by my man." Ugh.

But anyway, one of the two recipes I took away from the relationship is something he referred to reverently as "my mother's blue cheese biscuits." Sometimes I almost feel bad "taking" the recipe. But it has become my best recipe to take to a party if I can get there while they are still warm. At one friend's party every year, I just make them at her house. Sometimes I call just before arrival to preheat the oven.

They are blue cheesy, pull apart, yummy good. Takes about 10 minutes to prepare them and then about 11 or 12 to bake 'em.

Noodle recently tried a variation with . . . . I think provolone and mozzarella and a handful of Italian seasonings. She reports they were super yummy.

No comments: