Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fayette


In Fayette County on the edge of Memphis is a town, and in that town is a neighborhood, and in that neighborhood is . . . . a whole lotta Christmas lights. A whole lotta Christmas lights.

On my way past the neighborhood the other night, I noticed, and who could not, all the lights and I turned in. I turned in and drove through the neighborhood. I was amazed, in awe, flabbergasted.

It was as though they had a contest, but forgot to lay down rules - or perhaps had many prizes - the most lights; the most blow molds; the classiest; the tackyest; the most sheer voltage. I want to grow up and live in that neighborhood for at least one month in December.

The picture attached is just not enough to show the sheer display power of this one house, or the neighborhood as a whole. It is absolutely fan-tab-u-lous.

No comments: