Saturday, December 29, 2007

Little Black Dress


I try to be butch, I really do. But sometimes. . . . . sometimes I just want to be Patrick Swayze in Too Wong Foo, sometimes I just want to do drag, sometimes I want to be invited to a party and be able to say "I'll wear my little black dress" and mean it.

Some years ago, I worked for a lady named Beverly. Quite pretty and blonde and successfully pulled off an affair with a man from the corporate office that, rumor had it, garnered her quite the windfall when it was all said and done. Before all this and all that, we both went to a wedding in a private home. Arriving early, a member of the family who had come on short notice said she just didn't have the appropriate outfit to wear. Beverly went to her car, popped the trunk and pulled out a little black dress. She was my hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just happened upon your blog and have been lurking around a bit. Had to comment on that one because, omg...she's my hero too!! I totally want to be that put together. Maybe she gives lessons???

I'll be back...great blogging.