Friday, December 14, 2007

It all went to the dogs,

by the day of the week, it's today; by the date, it's tomorrow. One year since the damned racetrack let me go. That led to a "unfortunate period of under employment" that lasted six months.

I've been thinking about it some, looking back on that whole period. Wondering what I could have done, couldn't have done, was kept from doing, didn't fight hard enough to do, etc. I don't think I have any more answers than I did that day.

I do oddly enough look back on it and wonder about the people - usually I come out of any experience and at least have somebody that is adding to my life and enriching it in a very real way. That really didn't happen there. Don't get me wrong - there were some real nice people and I enjoyed working with them, and probably up to 3 of them I speak with occasionally (one of them today) - but no real good friend out of it.

Oh well, all in all, it wasn't a bad ride.

Did I tell you one of my best friends started working there this week? That's ironic and funny.

No comments: