Thursday, May 22, 2008

Private Concert


My friend, we'll call her Pretty Girl, texted me the other night to meet her out, and I was with Noodle, Skeeter and them. So I texted back an option, how about meeting me on the patio with the dreads girl? So come Sunday, it's a beautiful day and a great patio. She brings her son and the young songstress is on her game. I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a lot of new stuff. But it's all pretty, just the same. And a perfect day for it. I figured out that Mandolin Guy must be her sweety, 'cause they kissed. And now she's got a guy playing some bongo's with her. So there is a bit more depth to it all.

Pretty Girl's 5 year old boy came with her. He asked his mom, "Is this Madonna or someone else?"

The afternoon seemed to go by faster than usual. They packed up for a paying gig at a graduation party. But before she left, she sat down at our table, next to the five year old, and sang him a song. It was a beautiful few minutes, and I tried to relax into the moment, let everything else slip away and just listen to her.

Well, and take a pic for my blog!

No comments: