Saturday, May 24, 2008

Trash, volunteer

It had been hours and hours that I picked up trash and glass. I felt kind of like a doctor with my latex gloves on and I tried to say "Good luck!" when I could remember it. There was just so much trash, so many little plastic ramekins. So many napkins and beer bottles. Then I finally found the service bar and started taking them glasses. For hours and hours, I piled up glass after glass after glass. I found myself a section and kidded myself that if anyone said anything to me I would just say "That aint my section." I made a little T in my head and I worked the T. First the long part, then alternately the two top sides. First make a trash run. Then a glass run. I even developed a glass process. I would pull glasses to one location, sort of hide them behind a trash receptacle. Then when I was ready, I would take a lot of them to the service bar.

After all that, I passed a time clock. I'd been doing it for one hour.




No comments: